The Integrated Asset Services Division’s mission is to maintain a central repository for the City’s real estate portfolio, facilities assets, including work and space management information on a scalable online platform for City employees and stakeholders to ensure efficient facilities management and data-driven decision making.
The Integrated Asset Services Division manages the Citywide Asset Management System (AMS), mobile applications for BMD work orders and the GSD Service Portal.
The AMS provides an integrated work management solution to manage the City’s owned and leased real estate portfolio, equipment assets, work tickets, and floor plans for City buildings. It also includes other tools and applications to make this a one-stop solution for information involving City property.
The AMS was implemented in 2017 to provide an integrated solution to manage the City's multi-million dollar owned and leased portfolio on a single platform.
- Contains data for more than 9,000 City-owned properties and parcels for Council-controlled and proprietary departments
- Data such as grant deeds, square footage, and City Council files continues to be added to provide more reporting capability using categories such as property type or use
- Stakeholder City departments and offices update notes and additional information such as future plans or ownership history, related to the property record
- This information can be viewed by City employees and an external version is available to the public on a geographic map: http://www.lacity.org/property
- Users can view lease data for approximately 255 payable and receivable leases, including leases with non-profit organizations
- Alerts Real Estate staff of upcoming renewal dates and tracks compensation, options, key dates and other critical lease provisions.
Building Operations and Maintenance Modules
- Operations and Maintenance - Provides a paperless, mobile work order system that allows technicians to receive and respond to work orders in the field electronically. Over 34,000 repair tickets are completed annually.
- Asset Management - Tracks maintenance records, warranty information, pictures and other data on more than 33,000 building and equipment assets, such as HVAC systems and chillers.
- Preventive Maintenance (PM) - Manages and schedules PM work orders for GSD’s Building Maintenance Division and includes checkpoints to ensure those assets are functioning properly. Corrective work orders are then generated as needed with over 40,000 PMs completed annually.
- Environmental Health and Safety - Tracks the types and quantities of hazardous materials, such as refrigerant used in HVAC systems and facilitates reporting needs for regulatory agencies and reduces risks associated with such items.
- Maintenance technicians in the field utilize a mobile application on their mobile devices to receive and respond to work orders in real time, eliminating the need for paper work orders and timecards.
- Likewise, using bar coding technology, another integrated mobile application for asset management allows technicians to quickly scan a piece of equipment, update information, look up warranty information, and manage many other details regarding that asset.
When loaded with accurate floor plan information, this module will track usage information by floor, building, tenant, department, vacant spaces or other spatial criteria necessary for space management projects.
GSD Service Portal
The GSD Service Portal, at http://gsdserviceportal.lacity.org is a customer service web-based tool available to City employees which can be used to request maintenance and repair work at GSD maintained City facilities. The public can also use the Portal to request and download information about the City's surplus property inventory; submit requests or inquiries about City-owned filming locations; and submit scheduling requests for community events and rallies at specified City facilities.