The Supply Services Division's mission is to procure all supplies, equipment and services in a cost-effective and timely manner. In attempting to fulfill this mission, all qualified suppliers will be given an equal opportunity to do business with the City.
The Supply Services Division is organized and comprised of five Commodity Groups and three Support Groups. The Support Groups are Supplier and Customer Relations, Systems and Payment Services. The Commodity Groups are Construction and Maintenance; Public Safety; General Operations; Information Technology; Automotive; and Industrial. Commodity Groups are responsible for conducting the purchasing and competitive bidding activities in accordance with the City Charter, policies, ordinances and applicable laws.
- www.labavn.org – the LABAVN site is a free service provided by the City of Los Angeles and the Mayor’s Office of Economic Development. View and download information about all contractual opportunities offered by the City of Los Angeles in one convenient location as well as find up-to-date certified sub-contractors to complement your project bid. Our goal is to have your business grow in the City of Los Angeles. For more information visit the LABAVN website at www.labavn.org. All suppliers wishing to do business with the City are highly encouraged to register, sign-up for email notifications regarding open bid opportunities, and upload company documents for compliance purposes. (external service)
- www.lavss.lacity.org – once you register with LABAVN, you will need to register your company on the City’s new LAVSS site. Here your company can view current bidding opportunities, submit bids electronically, update company information, submit invoices electronically, track payments and more! (external service)
- The Distribution Center – General, also known as DCG is located on the second floor of Piper Tech. DCG receives deliveries, stocks shelves, and prepares and delivers orders for departments throughout the City. They also monitor the stock within the warehouse, track the demand of items, and make adjustments to inventory when needed. For information on how to order from the DCG, please click on the link at the bottom of the page.
- Salvage services - The Salvage Warehouse is located in the basement at Piper Tech. This section receives a diverse allotment of items ranging from vehicles, tires, copper wiring, metal scraps, office furniture and other supplies from various City departments. These items are then recycled, disposed of, or put up for auction. For information on how to salvage equipment or learn more about the services they provide, please click on the link at the bottom of the page.
- If you continue to have issues with commodity procurement or inventory in FMS 2.0, please call the help desk at 213-473-8595 or submit a Service Now (SNOW) ticket at: http://snow.lacity.org